While I was recovering from surgery, my mom and I developed a very intense exercise routine – walks to the mailbox. Cards from friends and family filled the mailbox and it would make my day (thanks to those who still believe in snail mail). Then something very strange started to happen. I started getting cards from celebrities and athletes. My initial thought was that the girls at work (or my boss) were playing tricks on me. They are known for this. But the postmark was from different cities – cities where these celebrities live. So unless the girls at work were flying all over the U.S to mail me cards, something was fishy.
I went to “The Google” to do some detective work, but I came up empty-handed. To this day, I have no idea why I started getting these cards, but they sure made my exercise routine exciting.
Here are some of my favorites and what they wrote…
- Ha! I think it is funny but I get hit in the head a lot. Be well. – Peyton Manning
- Keeping a place for you in the Hamptons. – Christie Brinkley
- Love and Pickles. – JWOWW, Snooki and Sammy
- I hope you like the card, I am thinking about tattoing it on my face. – Mike Tyson
- Hope you are WINNING! – Charlie Sheen & The Godess’
- Positive thoughts bebe! – Perez Hilton (and drew a penis on the card)
Happiness & Strength,
Marie Tomi Policastro